Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mundaring Truffle Festival

Oh my freaking god! I have just returned from the Mundaring Truffle Festival via Little Ceasers and A Hills Dweller's house. What a day! I saw a macaroon tower made by Choux Cafe as well as sampling their divine Almond Croissant and Pistachio and Chocolate Snail. They were just too tasty, it may even be worth the drive to Swanbourne to get another.

As well as loads of local producers there were some international ones. Loads of truffle infused things, like cheese, olive oil, honey and macaroons. The kids enjoyed the adorable iced cookies made in Swan View by Sophisticake. For the record we had a Ladybug and three white horses.

We had fudge coming out our ears. Fudge-a-licious, Fudge-tastic and Fudge A-Go-Go.

I did not taste a truffle, but to me they smelled like a mix of boot polish and wet earth. I am sure they taste great, the pasta and truffle people let off some nice aromas as we passed by.

The kids played in the bushes and we drank GOOOOD coffee and watch the truffle dogs (a Beagle and a Kelpie cross) sniff out truffles. Those puppies were very cute.

The only photo I got was this one.
It is Mini in her Mini Hat. A good lesson for me to take more pictures when out and about.

So note for next year: take more money and take more photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment