Friday, July 30, 2010

a mini hat for the mini one







It is amazing what a small bundle of merino can produce. Well that, some warm soapy water, bubble wrap and some vigorous rubbing. After having the pleasure of visiting a wool/fibre store in a far far away land (we are not in the Hills anymore Toto) I purchased some dyed merino wool tops. This beautiful green and blue clourway as well as some black and some Tussah Silk Tops dyed in 'Autumn' shades.


The black is set aside for a dear friend, who I wish to make a cloche hat for. I bought the Tussah Silk Tops to put a little design on the black hat. I will use the silk tops to fancy up a few other things too, it adds such a beautiful sheen to a plain wool.


This was my first attempt at a small felt hat. I had previously made one for myself, but used wool batting which is the tops spread out flat, it makes it easier to get a consistent thickness. I was quite proud of myself, as I only got one small hole in the top of the hat. The rest of the hat is fairly even. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment